• Hotchilipizza
    User
    Member since May 10, 2020

If you get banned for reason map reason aka glitch by bf4db.com

Can you get linked account ban if you get a new account and start playing bf4 again?

• Hotchilipizza
    User
    Member since February 29, 2020

I think would be unfair to ban a New  account for that, since is not cheating is Just a stupid momment thst not everybody know that is bannable

• Hotchilipizza
    User
    Member since May 10, 2020

Could I please get an answer from BF4DB staff please.

• Hotchilipizza
    User
    Member since July 13, 2020

They ban all glitches regardless. If you can, redeploy as soon as possible. I went invisible after being revived, was banned within minutes and appeal denied because apparently you can’t do it on accident...load of bs. So be careful, if you end up falling into a glitched state and can’t redeploy maybe quit the game quickly? Idk really.

• Hotchilipizza
    User
    Member since May 08, 2017

The problem with glitches you know that they are there and if you have triggered one. Ie spawning on someone in a wall, on top of somewhere that's not accessible in any other way, other than using a glitch. Rules on most servers i know are "No cheating or Glitching" so then why come crying when you have been found out / caught. These can be found if you just read the server rules. 

If you spawn on someone that is in on top of a lift, inside a wall / roof say or find yourself "invisible" after a revive (don't know how that works as i have been revived countless time and never found myself to be invisible) either quit out or redeploy.

Being invisible you know that you are and use that as an advantage so in effect using a cheat, cheats get banned.   

• Hotchilipizza
    User

"

The problem with glitches you know that they are there and if you have triggered one. Ie spawning on someone in a wall, on top of somewhere that's not accessible in any other way, other than using a glitch. Rules on most servers i know are "No cheating or Glitching" so then why come crying when you have been found out / caught. These can be found if you just read the server rules. 

If you spawn on someone that is in on top of a lift, inside a wall / roof say or find yourself "invisible" after a revive (don't know how that works as i have been revived countless time and never found myself to be invisible) either quit out or redeploy.

Being invisible you know that you are and use that as an advantage so in effect using a cheat, cheats get banned.   

Kiplings_Error
    You make a really good point. And I apologize if I came off as crying, I was just frustrated. It happened with me when my body and revive symbol/icon were in different locations. I ended up dying on the top of a ladder but then the body rag dolled and fell to the ground. When I was res’d my POV jumped up back to original death spot.

The problem I dont understand is that if its not done maliciously why the ban? If, it’s done on purpose and taken advantage of, I 100% agree, of course. Almost within a minute of turning invis and killing someone I was banned. So by the time I realized it wasn’t just something visual on my end, but actually a problem for others, as they very loudly mentioned in chat that I was invis for them too, it was over. From my POV I also couldn’t kill myself with frags or redeploy, as if the game didnt even count res as happening. Looking back I should have just Alt - F4’d but obviously didnt think about that in the short time after res. 

I would think there would be leniency for things outside a players control. I just think there should be a bit more of a discussion as opposed to, you glitched you’re banned. Maybe developing a different system for different kind of offenses. Since as of now, if you dont have a screen capture for your own defense its pretty much a done deal. Also the fact that they might interpret some successful rounds as having abused the glitch you’re now accused of using. There’s no good answer to this, and I definitely don’t envy the mods for having to sort through all the reports and appeals. 
  • Hotchilipizza
    Retired Staff
    Member since May 05, 2017

Currently the policy is if you were banned for abusing a game breaking glitch then the offending account will be banned. If you are a chronic glitch abuser then we will ban linked accounts (past, present, and future)

• Hotchilipizza
    Retired Staff
    Member since May 05, 2017

The invisibility glitch is not done by dying on a ladder though. You know how its done, You've done it multiple times.

• Hotchilipizza
    User

Hey Burt,

I explained how I died and how it happened. Again, if I had a screen capture you’d obviously be able to see that and my friends reactions. What makes you 100% I’ve done this before? I’m under the impression you’re using some high score rounds, which still doesn’t make sense. But it’s alright. I’ve realized you’re completely convinced and that’s fine. I’ve made sure my friends who I play with all have GeForce running in the background to record everything in case it happens again to any of us. I don’t have anything else to say anymore. I just hope the system evolves over time to better handle these situations. Thanks.