This thread is locked, you cannot reply.
  • cxmplex6813
    User
    Member since June 23, 2020

Profile: 

https://bf4db.com/player/1003610269942

Links:

http://bf4cheatreport.com/?pid=&uid=cxmplexbb&cnt=&startdate=

How is 120 spot considered cheating? That's 30 ribbons. You can look at the battlelog reports, I play almost always solely play air and sometimes mortar or AA.

247FairPlay shows my spotting rate is 3x the average, which makes sense, because I spam it while flying. Every other statistic is WELL within the norm, it's a bit ridiculous to base a ban solely on a spotting rate being 3x the average (The average player doesn't spot in HC nor play vehicles as much as me).

• cxmplex6813
    Retired Staff
    Member since May 05, 2017

So you are saying you can easily spot 100+ times in a game?

• cxmplex6813
    User

I posted a reply and it is not visible. Moment it must have been lost somehow.

• cxmplex6813
    User

"

So you are saying you can easily spot 100+ times in a game?

Angry_Cuban13
    I'm a bit curious about this "100+" number. I'm hoping you understand that the spot statistic is FOUR times the multiple of spot ribbons received:

wHJRkZ4.png

As someone who spots using mouse 4 before nearly every kill, primarily playing AIR or vehicle where I am constantly spamming spot, with 25+ vehicle respawns a game and 1000 player respawns, I do not think spotting 100 times in a game is really that outlandish. Regardless though, I didn't spot over 100 times, I believe you just misunderstood the statistic.

However, I'm heavily leaning towards the realization that BF4DB does almost ZERO data-science to justify their statistical based bans (if you can even call them that). I work as a professional data-scientist, let's highlight a few issues with this ban:

1. My spot rate is 3x the normal spot rate. This alone is not a huge "extreme" but I haven't seen as much data as you have in regards to norms. 
    2. There is a heavy correlation between spot rate and K/KA per game as is obvious.
    3. Every other statistic is within a normal range.

Here's an extremely simple table I made, where spot has been adjusted to the actual ribbon count, rather than the 4x multiple:

Kills Spot
    83 28
    18 15
    27 21
    30 32
    33 27
    38 27
    39 28
    45 35
    25 29
    39 22
    10 11
    29 20
    33 24
    12 16
    9 7
    1 7
    34 23
    14 4

I can plot these two to visualize their fit. One could easily assume that the more kills you have, the more spots you've done as I almost always spot before a kill:

b0TarLz.png

The chart shows a clear correlation to kills and ribbon count, supporting my statement that I spot before I kill the majority of the time, with the rest of the ribbons coming from assists, etc.

Rather than going off of abitrary numbers, perhaps a little statistical analysis could go a long way. As an above average player in kill count (~3x), it would make sense to have an above average spot rate (~3x). I would recommend measuring the fit between kills-spot, and ban based on a wide variance between ribbon count and kill count, not because a number was simply "over 100" (a multiple of 4 to the real ribbon count none the less).

Could you perhaps describe the data-science approach you guys take to determining abnormal stats? Or is it what I expect that 1. the people doing "statistical based bans" don't understand the spot stat is 4x the ribbon count (despite it saying this) and 2. they don't have an actual method to measure abnormality and fit and go off a "gut feeling".

-------------------------------------

You can even further visualize this data by comparing my most popular weapon per game. The games where I run-and-gun, my spot-kill rate is has an extremely tight fit, while the games where I am in an Air I have a looser fit due to spamming spot more while having an aerial advantage on their battlefield, but not being able to capitalize on every spot with a kill due to mobility/aa/etc.

• cxmplex6813
    Retired Staff
    Member since May 05, 2017

Actually the ban is quite reasonable and I'll explain why.

First lets establish a few things. Spotting ribbons are earned from spotting assists, not simply by spotting the enemy. This means that a player must be spotted by you and then killed by a friendly to earn a spot assist. You need 4 of those for a ribbon. A spotted player remains spotted for 5 seconds and must be within 3 degrees and narrowing down to 0.15 degrees at 1200m. There is also a limit to the frequency of which you can spot a player to stop players from spamming the spot button and marking everyone in their fov.

In this round https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/1274814772992284800/1003610269942/ you earned 35 spotting ribbons so you had to have earned 140 spot assists.

Your total score at the end of the round was 25,423 and your SPM (score per minute) was 1155 which means we can conclude you were alive in that server and able to spot a player for right at 22 minutes.

This comes out to 6.36 spot assist kills per minute

Now since you can't earn a spot assist from a kill you made we can assume your team made 788 kills in total over the span of a 37 minute round for a team wide KPM of 21.3

This means that for every 3.35 kills your team got, one of them was spotted by you within the last 5 seconds.

Do you really expect us to believe that you have nearly 1/3 of the enemy team spotted, while actively playing/shooting/flying, for 22 minutes straight, and were the last one to have spotted them before they died which resulted in you getting the spotting assist?

Heres my theory. You have a spotting hack. Everyone in your fov gets spotted. However you didn't want to get caught so you stay on HC servers where there is no 3d spotting and nobody will get suspicious which is probably what happened with https://bf4db.com/player/1003809970916 this account you were using. which went from never getting a spotting ribbon prior to June 15th to somehow getting 52 (208 spots) in this round https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/1272396248969404992/1003809970916/

Appeal Denied