This thread is locked, you cannot reply.
  • bertiebigbollox
    User
    Member since April 08, 2018

Hi guys,

Recently there has been a massive influx of the EA Game Time accounts on our server which basically fills any empty slots and causes a huge queue until they fail to validate.  I'm not even sure if this would work, but if I provided a list of those accounts that we have seen being used, could they be added to the database?

Let me know your thoughts on if this would even work or not.

Thanks

Bertie

• bertiebigbollox
    Administrator
    Member since May 08, 2017

Server overseeding as we call it, is a known issue. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done about it currently. As the gametimes do not enter the server, rather only send join requests, they do not leave any traces on the server and thus can not be kicked.

Only EA / Dice can address this issue.

• bertiebigbollox
    User
    Member since April 08, 2018

Thanks for your response.  This is the first server in the entire time playing BF4 we have experienced it, perhaps we've just been lucky?  Are there any known culprits or at least reasons why they do it?  I've tried tweeting EA and Dice but clearly not holding my breath...

I've started to collate a list of accounts anyway just in case, I have 51 over the last two evenings

Bertie

• bertiebigbollox
    Administrator
    Member since May 08, 2017

"

Thanks for your response.  This is the first server in the entire time playing BF4 we have experienced it, perhaps we've just been lucky?  Are there any known culprits or at least reasons why they do it?  I've tried tweeting EA and Dice but clearly not holding my breath...

I've started to collate a list of accounts anyway just in case, I have 51 over the last two evenings

Bertie

bertiebigbollox
    A form of online vandalism I guess. Doing it "because they can". EA is aware, multiple people tweeted them. A month ago a dev said a fix was coming... Nothing yet. 

Keeping a list doesn't hurt indeed.