This thread is locked, you cannot reply.
  • _deeper_focus_
    User
    Member since June 18, 2020

Soldier Name: _deeper_focus_
    Link To BF4DB Soldier Profile
    https://bf4db.com/profile/_deeper_focus_
    Have You Claimed Your Soldier: Yes
    Appeal: I logged on recently to play BF4 after realizing there would be an influx of players from the recent release on steam. However, after trying to join a few servers with a friend, I realized my account was continuously banned. After investigation, I found out my account was cited as cheating from this previous report (https://bf4db.com/player/ban/320663269). Although my account was protected by 2FA, it was still somehow compromised and used as an alias to cheat in connection to the account in the link. I have never seen the referenced account nor has it ever been on my friends list. I've just now changed my password and changed my 2FA method to an authenticator app rather than my phone number.

I've been a long time BF4 player for over 4 years. I've had a long history of matches that display my genuine skill level and have never been suspected of cheating. I'm not entirely sure what information I can provide other than the longevity of my account.

Thank you.

• _deeper_focus_
    Retired Staff
    Member since May 05, 2017

Hi,

Can you please go to your EA Account and share a screenshot of your "Security" tab? That might help you with your "stolen account" claim.

Also, please share where you are locate geographically and who your ISP was the last time you played BF4 if you can remember. Little things like that help us determine if the account was stolen.

• _deeper_focus_
    User
    Member since June 18, 2020

Here's a link an image of the security tab from my account (https://imgur.com/a/07AjHQh). I changed my password and re-verified my PC around the same time I made the post to this forum. The new verified web browser was added when I accessed the site to take this screenshot.

My ISP is Charter Communications and I believe the closest data center based on speedtest.com is in Slidell, Louisiana. However, I live west of that city.

I also don't know if this helps at all, but I was able to find servers that weren't using BF4DB last night and my performance in those games was no where near the head-shot percentage and accuracy of whoever used my account/alias to cheat. I also realized a vast majority of my battlefield 4 games are often played with my friend who is under the alias of SPLIFFMASTERflex on battlelog. My friend was in none of the games where the hacking took place and I very rarely log-in to play without him.

Thanks.

• _deeper_focus_
    Retired Staff
    Member since May 05, 2017

Based on the evidence provided and what we can see on our end, your account has been compromised at some point, and was used to cheat during that time. Because cheats were used on that account, we are unable to lift your ban and the appeal is denied.

However, we have marked your account as being a “Hacked Account”, and we will not link you to this account in the future if you purchase a new copy of the game. You can read more about our linked account and banning policies at BF4DB.com/banning.

You have a few options if you wish to continue to play on this account. You can play on Official servers, servers not running the BF4DB plugin, or ask individual server administrators to whitelist your account. Alternatively, you can purchase a new copy of the game.

If you go down that route, make sure you purchase a copy from a reputable source so you don’t accidentally purchase a stolen account which could lead to other issues. Also, always make sure to use to use Two-Factor Authentication on your account as well as a strong password.