This thread is locked, you cannot reply.
  • SliceofLie
    User
    Member since May 13, 2018

BF4DB Profile: https://bf4db.com/profile/SliceofLie

Banreason: Dirty Screenshot

https://bf4db.com/player/ban/1054924665

Appeal:

Just got back into BF4 recently, but found I couldn't play on a lot of servers since I just got "kicked by admin" message. Finally traced it back to here, and apparently it was 7 months ago. I was not aware that using a crosshair overlay was against EA TOS. I do fully admit that the screenshots are accurate (I was using an overwolf overlay). However, it was only for a short period of time to test it out, and I realized that the actual game crosshairs are more accurate and therefore quit using it. I have not used any third party overlay since, and will certainly not in the future now that I know it is against TOS. I'd greatly appreciate being unbanned since the majority of low-ping servers for me use BF4DB, but do understand that rules are rules regardless of whether I read them or not and will accept the consequences if that is to be the case. Thank you for your time and consideration.

• SliceofLie
    Administrator
    Member since October 30, 2017

You have used something against ToS in the past and you admit it, therefore the ban will not be lifted. 

We do not give 2nd chances.

• SliceofLie
    User
    Member since May 13, 2018

I can't help but feel like that is a bit harsh for something so minor, done only once. Reading around this forum, statpadding and other TOS violation bans have been lifted, and those are deliberate. Look at my stats, I don't care about k/d, win/loss, or anything else. I just play to have some fun, but of course not at the expense of others as it is with cheaters. I wasn't using aimbot, wallhack, or anything like that. It was a dot marking the center of the screen. Reading more on PBSS it seems that it often flags cheats like wallhack, so I understand it could be kind of hard to prove on my part it was just a crosshair..

If a crosshair overlay is beyond any hope of appeal, so be it. 

• SliceofLie
    Administrator
    Member since May 08, 2017

Using a crosshair definately gives an unfair advantage, especially in gamemodes like hardcore but also with normal play. There is a reason why the ingame crosshair are designed as they are. Anything that alters the gameplay is considered a breach of the EA ToS, which you agreed to follow when installing the game.

There is no "only cheating a little bit", or as how you put it: "minor offense". Not following the rules will get you in trouble.

APPEAL DENIED